Re: Defending the MGA

Subject: Re: Defending the MGA
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:22:23 +1000
Hiya,

>> Can you say "MG Metro?" Ray Charles couldn't love that thing.
>
>I meant up until 1980 ;)

My father had an MG "Maestro" (good grief I hope thats the right one, I
think there was three - metro, maestro and a larger saloon ?? - the larger
model was the one he owned) which was a four door sports sedan, there was
also a Turbo available which had about 150hp. He had this car in
approximately 1987. Very nice it was too, handled well, nice interior and
had plenty of acceleration. People hate them these days so I hear. The
coppers in NZ used the Turbo's as pursuit cars. Not a bad looking thing for
the time. :) But no MG'ness to it whatsoever apart from the badges. At least
it had that, there wasn't anything else available (new) with an MG badge.
<G>

These were pretty common in the UK, maybe some UK members can enlighten us
further - I don't believe you yanks got these in the US.

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia