Re: on the road again

To: "Rob Bergstrom" <robbob@ignmail.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: on the road again
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 02:06:32 -0500

>   Just thought I'd announce that another 'B is back on the road.  Thanks
to all who responded when I couldn't get the '74 roadster to start after it
had been in the garage for at least ten years (I had goofed, go figure).

Congrats on getting the car running!  It's a great feeling of
accomplishment, isn't it?

>    What weight oil is everyone putting in their engines for the winter.
Haynes recommends 20W/50 for general use, but is that not a little heavy?

I thought the 20w 50 would be too heavy too...And so did all my friends who
do engines for a living.  However, I can say that even on the chilliest NC
days, the 'B still cranks right over without lugging.  I've got a new
starter, but it seems that the starter motors in these cars have enough guts
to do the job.  I'd stick with 20W 50 for at least 1k miles, and if it's too
thick, then swap some thinner stuff in.

>Happy motoring,
>Rob Bergstrom

Enjoy!