Re: Wave

To: <Pebomor@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wave
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 02:15:30 -0500
"I had an MG when I was younger"

I've come to the conclusion that everyone owned an MG when they were
younger.  I've met plenty of people at gas stations, parking lots, college,
etc. who have owned some form of the MG marque when they were younger.  All
of them admit they wish they never parted with the car.

As an odd aside, I was chatting with a friend of my fathers who I haven't
seen in some years this weekend.  He had an MGB in his teens, and had
totaled it in (get this) an amusement park!  He was driving into the park
using the scenic lane which took motorists through a "Storybook Forest".
The road had some huge speed bumps, and the first one he hit was almost high
enough to catch the car and breach it!  The next bump he came to, he tried
to take the bump at an angle so the car wouldn't hang up.  When he did, it
lifted one of the rear wheels.  He hit the gas, the car rocked, and when the
spinning wheel caught, it flung the car sideways and into the forest.  He
wrapped it around a tree and collected a settlement from his ins. co. and
the park!

Beware the speed bumps!

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/