Drilling out screws

To: MG Nuts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Drilling out screws
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:47:06 -0800
Stupid question time.  I drilled the center out of some screws today - the
heads are easily knocked off with a hammer and a screwdriver, but I can't
get the rest of the screw out, whats left of the threads are hanging on for
dear life.  How do you finish off the job?  I tried whacking it from the
side to try and collapse the hollow screw but that didn't work.  I could
try moving to a bigger bit, but its very difficult to drill down the exact
center so then I'd be taking out part of the hole too.

Thanks

Skye
Still learning the basic stuff

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__      Finger for
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     PGP key