Re: Drilling out screws

To: hjillson@argolink.net, skye@ffwd.bc.ca, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Drilling out screws
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 01:54:48 EST
Hi all,
     I have used this trick when drilling out bolts with buggered up heads.In
my machine shop business,I keep several common size LeftHand turn drill bits
around;just for drilling out damaged bolts and screws. After I center punch
the damaged head, I use the Left Hand Turning drill bit to go through the
center of the screw.Most of the time, the bolt comes right out on the drill
bit before I finish the drilling procedure.
                         Yours, H4(Howard)
1974MG-Bgt
1974MG-B roadster
1976MG-B roadster