Re: Blue Wrench (was: Drilling out screws)

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Blue Wrench (was: Drilling out screws)
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:42:42 -0800 (PST)
At 01:27 PM 11/18/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I've been informed by a couple of people that propate torches don't get
>hot enough to free rusted bolts.  How about one of those smallish handhead
>butane torches?  Like these:
>
>http://www.solder-it.com/
>
>I have very little storage and work space ... an oxy-acetelene rig would
>probably be out of the question (?)
>
>Skye Poier
>Lets see how many times I can post this week

Skye,

I can't comment on the little butane rigs but I've got two different propane
and an oxy-propane rig, but my favourite for quick and dirty heat for small
jobs is a "Bernz-O-matic" MAPP gas torch.  They're only slightly more than
propane but produce lots more heat.  I bought mine at Revy for (I think)
about $25.  Refills naturally are cheaper...

Cheers,