Re: Torches (Was: Re: Drilling out screws)

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Torches (Was: Re: Drilling out screws)
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 20:59:11 -0600
Bill,

I've had good luck with using a torch simlilar to the bernz-o matic, using  MAPP
gas. It screws to the bottle and has a self starting ignition. The MAPP is
between 6-7 dollars a bottle.All the torches I've seen also can use the standard
Propane for less demanding jobs.

I've gotten MANY a rusted bolt loosened using the MAPP. An order of magnitude or
two better than PB Blaster!

Probably not as good as oxy/acetelyne, but then you don't have all those bottles
to but and store.

I highly recommend it. Couldn't have done half the things on the MGA without it.
Especially all those rusted floorboard screws.

Chuck Schaefer