Headlight & horn relays?

To: "MG List" <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Headlight & horn relays?
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:42:50 -0500
Hello all,
    I've been mulling over adding a relay to my headlight and horn wiring
circuits since it was a topic of discussion a week ago.  I have two relays
in the trunk awaiting usage (one old starter relay and one like-new
overdrive relay).  If anyone has done these conversions, will you please
drop me a line on how you wired the relay up?

    Also, will the two relays I have do the job?  I don't see why not, as I
used the overdrive relay as a starter relay for a few days once.  Also, what
effects will these relays have on my car?  I remember one lister saying that
his horn was much more powerful with a relay (I need that).  Will adding a
relay make my headlights brighter, or will it simply dissipate heat better?

    BTW, thanks for the advice about the oil pressure.  I watched it today,
and it did the same thing until the needle started moving up a little - then
it quit.  So I guess all is well!  (That sound you just heard was me
knocking wood!)

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/