RE: Headlight & horn relays?

To: "'Mike Lishego'" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>, MG List <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Headlight & horn relays?
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:11:14 -0500
Mike,

  There's an excellent write-up on wiring relays into your headlamp circuit
at http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/how_to/relays/.  In fact, there's a ton of
info about halogen lights, European vs. US lighting standards, etc. at this
site.  I recommend it.

  At this site, they mention that you can use Hella headlight relays - which
come in snap-together form so you can build neat and clean wiring layouts.
The page claims you can put together the headlight relay kit for $13.00
(US).  Shouldn't be much more for one more relay for your horns.

  One more tidbit:  I was reading the tech section at the Moss Motors web
site recently.  One contributor found that he was getting a sparse 9-10
volts at the heater fan motor - which he attributed to thin wiring.  He
relayed the circuit using fat wires from a good power source, and is much
happier with his heater now.  So as long as you're wiring relays, might want
to take a look here too.

  If you do the job, please let us know how it goes.  I've been pondering a
wiring project myself.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - with a jacket and hat stored behind the seat.