Re: '70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable Blues -Reply

To: ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: '70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable Blues -Reply
From: "Gary Davis" <6GPRO.GDAVIS@ibr6gw82.gp.usbr.gov>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:16:10 -0700
The speedo cable is new and is very noisy.  The old cable was fine but I =
broke it.  Can I find John's technique somewhere on the computer?

Thanks - Gary

>>> Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu> 11/20 11:02 am >>>
        I'm a tad confused with all the cables but...John Twist talks
about using an OD cable to replace a non OD cable. You don't need the
90 degree angle when you switch to the OD cable but be sure to keep a loop
in the end.=20
...Art

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Gary Davis wrote:

> I've been off the list for about a month while they were upgrading our =
communications system and then ridding it of numerous bugs.
>=20
> I exchanged my OD speedo from my non-OD GT for a non-OD speedo from a =
lister a couple of months ago.  The previous speedo had no angle drive on =
the speedo unit and worked fine except for erroneous readings.  The cable =
made no noise.  When I installed the "new" speedo, I broke the old speedo =
cable.  I replaced the cable and the speedo works fine, but the new cable =
squawks like crazy.  I called Moss and they said I needed an angle drive =
on the speedo, but apparently they are very difficult to find.  I'm =
confused.  The previous speedo cable didn't make any noise and everything =
is set up like before.