two questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: two questions
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 98 18:33:59 EST
It is a very cool Nov here in New Jersey. I just regapped the plugs from .032
to .035 of my '76B and would swear that without doing anything else, the car
felt peppier than it did at the end of the summer. (Carborator is still a
Zenith-S.)
        Would the .003 make that much of a difference or is it the cool
temperature...the plugs did indicate a bit of a rich mixture? Of course, it
could also be my imagination.

        My other question deals with the tachometer. It hasn't worked since I
bought it in May. The needle is not locked because a tap on the glass easily
moves it. This PM when I crawled around the back of the fascia, I noticed
that a PO had apparently rewired the entire panal in red and green wires...no
distinctions, and certainly no match for the color-coded wires in Bentley. As
a fix, I was thinking of just directly wiring the tach to the other ends with
'unitary' wires (outside of the harness) until I could do the job properly.
        Has anyone done that. According to Bentley (p. 240), one end (the
Green wire in the diagram) should go to the Washer-Wiper switch and the
other, the Red-White in the diagram, should go to the coil.
        Has anyone done this job and are there any other sites where I could
tap into, especially for the wire to the Washer-Wiper switch?

        Otherwise, top down in a windy 40F is a real kick!

Bill