Re: Supercharging an MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Supercharging an MGB
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 03:19:00 +0000
Mike Gigante wrote:

> High Performance Products (Hans Pedersen) has a modern supercharger
> kit for a B (and A series as well).

That's done it!

I am planning a leisurely drive across from Adelaide to Melbourne soon
(via the coast which must make it close to 800 kilometres or so?) so it
looks like I should look this guy up.  Any ideas on a price for the kit?

Meanwhile, can anyone tell me what I would need to strengthen if I was
to supercharge a 30 year old engine/vehicle?

My recent dashing around the countryside has left the little yellow
beast sounding a bit ragged around the edges as I think I pushed her a
bit hard - so would the supercharger just give me the ability to really
tear her apart at the seams?

BTW I am hoping the noise is purely exhaust (I haven't had time to even
look properly yet) as I had already half crushed one of the pipes on an
errant rock or speed hump on the weekend so it may have given up the
ghost on some of the even rougher roads at speed.

Or maybe it was that slow cat...?

Eric
'68 MGB MkII