Re: Missing @ 3500RPM

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Missing @ 3500RPM
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:41:03 -0600
Go find yourself a quiet peice of road. Get the car up to speed to just
below where it begins to act up (not while it is acting up). When safe, turn
off the motor, slip gear into neutral, and then brake and pull over. Pull
all plugs. What do they tell you?

Lean: Fuel problem
Rich: Fuel or ignition problem
Oily: Engine problem.

Repeat at 1,000 rpm less and see what is happening at the transition from
running good to running poor.

You must check your plugs at the RPM and conditions where it is acting up as
their color will change completely within 1/4 mile of different running.

Bob Allen, Kansas City