Re: Floor Jack Question

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Floor Jack Question
From: Chris Rogers <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:39:49 -0600
Funny that this post is coming up here, as I posted in rec.autos.tech a couple
of
weeks ago about buying a floor jack. The concensus was to lay out the cash and
by
a good quality US made model. Lincoln and Walker were two brands recommended.
For
as little as I can see using one, I too hate to lay out a lot of cash for one.
Prices start at over 100.00 for new. Spent the last few days between sales calls
stopping in at the local pawn shops, and I have found a used 3 ton for 35.00.
Pawn shop owner was upfront and said I would have to wait until Saturday to get
it, because he is going to have new seals installed. Also hitting an auction
Saturday, an independent automotive service and machine shop is closing up and
everything is on the block. Shopping list has floor jack, (if I don't get the
one
I found for some reason), benchtop sized arbor press, and whatever else catches
my interest without denting the checking account enough to upset she who must be
obeyed. (That's what I tell the kids anyway. Try to lead by example....)
Anyway, I got too windy here, and am suggesting that you check out the local
second hand places and watch the auctions. Picked up a good vacuum gauge a
couple
of weeks ago for a dollar.

Chris Rogers
'64 and part of a '66B