Upcoming trip and the list, parts for sale

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Upcoming trip and the list, parts for sale
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:51:56 -0700 (MST)
If you are one of the folks who also subscribe to the triumphs, spitfires
or the general british-cars list at Team.Net, you have likely seen my message
about heading out of town for a bit.  I should be leaving in about 12 hours
or so.  What this means to you is, if all goes well, nothing.  But if the list
mail all of a sudden stops, then assume that there is a problem and I will fix
it upon my return.  Sending off messages to the list to see if the list is
still working only tends to not only make the situation worse, it will also
slow down the recovery when I get it back on the air.

As part of this visit to California, Palo Alto area, I will be donning my Fat
Chance Garage hat and trying to sell a few parts.  I won't be bringing much in
the way of MG specific stuff, just

           Lucas reman. starter                          $50
AE 17525   4 ring early 5 main piston set, std. size,   $120
           MGB clutch driven plate                       $15

I'll have considerably more Triumph parts, oddly enough.  If interested in
any of these, or if you want to chew me out for the lousy job I do keeping the
list flowing, or you want to say thanks for the great job I do keeping the
list flowing, here's the plan:

When:  Friday, Nov. 27, 6 pm
Where: Formico's pizza parlor, Palo Alto, Calif.
What: Eat, drink and whatever.  The pizza is great, so I'm told, {I've never
      been htere] but the beer selection is marginal.  Of course, I doubt that
      anybody who knows of my penchant for fermented barley beverages would
      want to bring along some of their own handcrafted ales, or a favorite
      micro, or whatever.  [Reminds me, one thing I need to remember while in
      a state != Utah is to pick up a bottle of Boodles gin!]

Directions:

Take 101 to the Embarcadero West (toward Stanford) exit. Immediately
after getting off the ramp, turn right, *before* the Shell station.
Turn in to the Lucky parking lot, and wander around looking for
Formico's.

I will have my phone with me, in case you get lost or something (Like *I*
know my way around the place!) and I think that the AT&T digital service may
actually ring me when I'm there.  The number is 801-558-8817.  Probably from
about 6 to 6:30 or so, I'll be hanging out in the parking lot dealing with
peddling parts.  I'll be in a dark green Jeep Cherokee, the one with Utah
plates on it, oddly enough.  There may or may not be a big, ugly homemade
Triumph body panel container attached to the roof rack.  We shall see.
Hmm, maybe I should plan on wearing one of my Team.Net shirts so you can
set your sights on the proper target.

So, if you feel like popping in to say hello, stop on by!

mjb.