MGC: Go For It!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGC: Go For It!
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:41:14 -0600
Mike,

2,500 is a steal for a good C. I love mine, and it's my road car. It is a
dream to drive (I did add cruise control), and last summer I did 938+ miles
in 17 hours with little fatigue after 21/2 hours of sleep (would have slept
longer but didn't read the clock correctly without my glasses). That 6
cylinder engine makes it a great car. When you floor it goes, you don't have
to wait for it to catch up to the gas pedal.

The negatives of handling are easily remedied with an uprated sway bar, and
shocks. Unfortunately the quick rack is no longer available. Parts are
plentiful both her and in the UK. VB  has a shared B and C catalog that
helps with cross referencing B & C parts.

The C Registry always has someone who is selling parts, and some of the hard
ones to get are available used from club members. Kirk Auto Refiters in Iowa
specializes in new C parts. Thier annual gathering is small but a lot of
fun. Next year we will be gathering at the Late Summer Twist Party as the
featured car.

Wish the car was closer to Chicago, I'd probably go for it.

Jack