Moving aloing

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Moving aloing
From: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 23:45:19 -0500
I just thought I'd let everyone know how the work on the new '71 B is
going. (Great with all the help I'm getting here).

The electricals all work now except for the horns and, not
coincidentally, I believe, the purple circuits.  This is a major
improvement over the previous state of headlights only.  I'll attack
those pesky purple wires tomorrow.  I can only handle so much
contortion under the dash in one night.  *G*

I also put in the wiper motor that I stole out of the '72 (which is
completely torn apart for a FULL restoration).  It was quite a chore to
put it in without that convenient hole in the '71 where a glove box
should be like there is in the '72.  Then of course, the electrical to
it didn't work, so I ended up tearing apart the switch. Once I rounded
up all the pieces that fell everywhere, it was a simple job to clean the
contacts and re-assemble and have working wipers.

Next came the heater valve, which was almost falling apart.  That was a
pain also until I realized how easy it was to remove that little pipe on
the top of the distributor.

Tomorrow I tackle the purple circuit, and after that I have to replace
the leaf springs (ought to be fun...)  I discovered the other night that
the passenger side primary leaf spring is broken.  The DPO used three
cheap U-Bolts to "fix" it... they look like they're about ready to blow
at any moment.  Fortunately I have a brand new set sitting around, so if
all goes well and the penetrating oil has done it's work, I'll have a
new rear suspension by the end of the weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving
Chris
'72 B Roadster
'70 B Roadster