Re: Spot The Malady Quiz

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: Spot The Malady Quiz
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 12:20:56 -0800 (PST)
At 02:09 PM 11/28/98 EST, you wrote:
>Heres a teaser.... driving around yesterday in the 69 and all is well
>with the world
>when suddenly the car starts to make a nasty clattering sound, loses a lt
>of power and generally starts to sound like a tractor.
>A quick curbside check showed that its firing on two cylinders -
>I wasnt far from home so i limped back - looking a little closer, there's
>fuel getting through and all four cyls are getting spark,carbs, coil and
>plugs are fine
>Im suspecting some kind of valve problem or possibly a bent pushrod -
>(had that before!) - any ideas our there?

Mike,

Been there, done that.  On mine it was a stuck float.  Give the float bowls
a rap with some non-marring blunt instrument whith the ignition switched on.
If you hear the fuel pump click rapidly to fill the offending bowl you've
found your problem.

Hope this is it, quick and easy fix.
Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849