Re: a request

To: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Subject: Re: a request
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 22:36:43 +0000
Howard asked:

> Did the early MG-B even have this stabilizer bar??my 1967 gt was not
> fitted with one.

The early trannies had a bar that attached to the tranny at a (how can I
describe this?) outcropping of metal with a round hole in it at the bottom of
the tranny at about the middle of its length.  This is attached by a bar to a
bracket hanging off of the back of the removable tranny crossmember.  A lot of
cars no longer have this stabilizer rod but it keeps the radiator fan from going
into the radiator in a front end collision.

Later cars didn't have the outcropping of metal so the rod goes from the
aforementioned bracket that I don't have that attaches to the bell housing to
the aforementioned bracket attached to the removable crossmember, however the
bracket is attached to the front of the crossmember.  Or maybe this is just my
customization.

This is from my hazy and unreliable memory because I'm too lazy to hike down to
the car and peer under it or even hike down to the garage and look at the Moss
catalogue.  I vaguely remember that GT's are entirely different and I have a set
of bizarre winged brackets I've never seen before that came with the
transmission, so YMMV.

Someone resembling
Denise Thorpe