Brake Booster - '80B

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake Booster - '80B
From: Joseph Tripp <sawhorse@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 08:57:03 -0500
Have been working on car that sat under a shade tree for a few years.
Have rebuilt suspension, brakes, cooling system and am driving car as
often as I can. Had a problem develop with brakes dragging after a  few
miles of driving. Have narrowed problem down to brake  booster. Took
booster off, cleaned oily residue and moisture out, and visually checked
rubber parts.  Pushrod end appeared loose on pushrod. I guessed at
adjustment, reassembled, and now have good braking with a pronounced
"wooshing" when firmly applying brakes.  Pushrod length is obviously
critical for proper operation. Does anyone have a procedure for
adjusting the pushrod length?

Joe Tripp
'80 Roadster