Bought SU stuff...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bought SU stuff...
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 11:47:46 -0500 (EST)
Hello all,

The SU v. Weber thread got me thinking, and searching, and although I had
initially pledged to wait and buy rebuilt units, I found a good price on
two SU HS4 carbs with both manifolds and air cleaners for $120, so I
stretched the budget and bought them (at least I thought it a good price,
yell "Fool!" if you like...). I'll still need to buy rebuild kits and a
manual for them, but it will be a good project for cold weekend days this
winter. I don't want to restart that unsettled argument, but I'm happy to
have the SU set-up...Any tips for the rebuild on trouble spots not in the
books or the list archives would be appreciated.

The guy I bought the SU stuff from is out in western MA, near Amherst, he's
a long time enthusiast who has been in "the business" for a few years now.
He has a couple of Jag Saloons (which I can't put an exact model on, as I'm
no expert), a couple of MGA's, including a twin-cam coupe, a spridget, and
a whole barn attic full of used parts. So if anyone in the area is looking
for something and wants to get in touch with him, ask for his e-mail or
phone number privately.

Nevin