Re: California Spec Midget 1500

To: <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: California Spec Midget 1500
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 12:17:28 -0500
>Larry Macy said:
>
>> On 11/29/98 9:53 AM so and so (Christian Stanton) said. (And I quote:)
>
>> SNIP
>> >
>> >BTW: The valve cover on my (as far as I can tell) original car is Robin's
>> >Egg Blue, perhaps another CA part ;-}
>> >

>> Doesn't sound real to me. I had a 76 CA spec car and it had the black
>> engine and red/orange valve cover. Blue -sounds like GM to me,(PO with
>> dyslexia maybe?) I know - poor taste.
>
>The 1500 Midget engine is a Triumph Spitfire engine and the Spitfires of that
>era had baby blue valve covers.
>
>Denise Thorpe
>been there, worked on those
I have had 2 Midgets, a 76 CA and a 78 Federal car. Both were orange/red
valve covers. I seem to recall that all of the RB Midgets I have ever
seen have this color. If the Triumph colors are blue then perhaps
Christian's car has had an engine swap (or just the valve cover)

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu