Re: [PhAX]- RE: More on my '77 Midget

To: vtecracer33@hotmail.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: [PhAX]- RE: More on my '77 Midget
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:58:29 EST
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the kind words.  It may actually turn out that the Bondo IS there
from the factory!  I am checking it out on the lists, even as we speak.

Bubble gum wasn't used much in these cars after the war.  Remember, the MG
Midgets with the 1500 engine were the first ones to better 100mph!  They found
that the old bubble gum flew off at speed.

To help prevent premature engine rebuilds, I suggest that your friend do his
oil and filter changes at recommended intervals.  For my '77 Midget, that is
every 1000 miles.

The leaks are rather normal for our LBCs.  Someone on the lists has a .sig
file that says, "It's not a leak!  My car is just marking its territory!" or
something like that.  (Sorry if I butchered it.)  You might want to spread
some cat litter in the drive if I come over.

At least my cars have character.  Preludes are a dime a dozen.  Even my
Diamond Star is fairly unique.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 12/2/98 1:15:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,