Re: Gunson gastester

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Gunson gastester
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 16:10:28 -0500
Paul,

Thanks, they tend to be about US$120 over here, even at discount supply houses.

I've often wondered about a point, though. With multiple carbs, how does
one know which carb needs adjusting if the single probe in the tailpipe
shows a less than optimal mixture? There is an online reseller of Gunson
tools who has a portion of the Gastester instructions that suggest using a
Colortune to detect which carb is off. If one must use a Colortune anyway
to determine mixture in each cylinder, how does the Gastester help?

Jeff

At 2:15 PM -0500 12/2/98, Paul Hunt wrote:

> Halfords.  I think that was about the last price I saw quoted for them.
>
> PaulH.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis