Re: Gunson gastester

To: "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Gunson gastester
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:41:42 -0000
Hi Jeff,

Part of the job of synchronising carbs is to synch the mixture, as well as
the 'suck'.  Once done both idle and mixture screws should always be turned
in the same direction by the same amount so they remain synchronised.  I
always tune by ear, and confirm with the lifting pin.  I then have to use
the Gastester on the V8 to make sure that the resultant mixture is giving
not more than 7.5% (from memory) CO, and adjust the mixture screws (HIFs) to
suit - usually just a very small further adjustment.

Colortune, and other methods of tuning like ear and lifting pin, only
indicate the colour and the results of the burn.  The final arbiter (for
testing stations) is what comes out of the pipe at the back.  Where I don't
have a legal requirement to meet a given CO reading (i.e. the roadster) I
just tune by ear and pin.

Cheers,
PaulH.