Success!

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Success!
From: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 22:55:57 -0500
Hello all!

The saga continues!  I finally got those blasted grease cups pulled and
the hubs off.

Can someone direct me on cleaning up the hubs and replacing the
bearings?

I've got the bearing kit, and it seems fairly obvious how it all goes
together, but the Haynes manual says not to remove the "outer bearing
race"... which piece is that?  They don't seem to indicate it on any
diagram I can find...  is it the last piece at the inside end of the
hub?

If it is, how do you get the rest of the pieces out that are in front of
it but too large to go out the other way???

On another matter, since I've got the hubs apart, and I happened to buy
some of those GT-V8 bushings, how much hassle would it be to slip those
in while I'm at it?  Anyone got a good procedure written up somewhere?
I know I've seen one but I can't recall where.

Thanks,
Chris
'72 B Roadster
'70 B Roadster