Re: Success!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Success!
From: mgdave@uswest.net
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 12:22:40 -0600

Chris Chandler wrote:

> On another matter, since I've got the hubs apart, and I happened to buy
> some of those GT-V8 bushings, how much hassle would it be to slip those
> in while I'm at it?  Anyone got a good procedure written up somewhere?
> I know I've seen one but I can't recall where.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
> '72 B Roadster
> '70 B Roadster

Chris,

I have replaced the bushings on my car.  Since you have the hubs apart you
might as well doo it.

First use a board on the floor jack and compress the spring a little bit.
Then remove all four bolts in the spring pan.  Lower the jack and spring and
pan should come right out of bottom.  Do this slowly.  You don't want a live
spring bouncing around.  Remove A arm.  Old bushings should come out easy.
Clean up A arms.  Lube bushings and arms with something.  I used Windex.
Press bush in with a vise and install back on car.  Getting spring back in
is tricky. As Haynes would say "just reverse the process".  A helper might
come in handy.  I had a friend move spring with pry bar while I inserted pan
bolts.  This will be the most time consuming part.  Once your done You feel
great.

Since I'm in town If I can I'll Help.

Dave Stecher
Urbandale IA