Re: Sump Removal

To: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Subject: Re: Sump Removal
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 14:44:16 -0500
frank krajewski wrote:

> To Neil and anyone else who needs to remove a sump. Don't know what car
> Neil is working on but I frequently remove sumps from my Bs by gently
> jacking on the tranny and reaching around the front cross member with a
> 1/4" drive to remove the bolts on the front of the pan.

  Would that happen to be a rubber bumper B?

  With a rubber bumper B, you have about two more inches
of clearance that makes it at least possible to reach some
of these bolts.

  With a chrome B, at least with mine, no chance, you
can't even think of counting the bolts in there they
are well out of reach.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca