Re: Ignition switch-reply

To: "g.cook" <litfuse@triton.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Ignition switch-reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 14:38:13 +0930
On Saturday, 5 December 1998 G Cook wrote
Subject: Ignition switch

>My 1980 MGB has a problem with the ignition switch: the key(s,
>including  original and copies) refused to turn.  No warning.  I
>eventually got it to work with WD40 and heating the key over a flame,
>but it seems inevitable to stick again.  Moss would have me replace the
>whole assembly, which strikes me as Miatish.  (I just made that up.)
>Anybody else had this problem?  Would a locksmith be able to repair
>crucial parts?

*********************end of original*******************

This happened to my '79 MGB also, the problem was, the lock barrel split
lengthwise and would some times work and then again some times it would not.
Cured it by fitting a new assembly and it has worked like new ever since.
 I typed this quietly 'cos you know what happens when an MG thinks it's
custodian is getting confident, right? ]

L8R

Scotty, NAMGBR-7-3350
Adelaide,Australia.
'79 MGB-LE,  [ In the shed, quietly plotting the date and time of the next
drama ]