Re: Where does the oil go?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Where does the oil go?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 15:05:08 EST
I don't know where it goes, but my oil consumption dropped dramatically when I
put a new vented oil filler cap on my B. The PO of my 71 B had the little tube
coming out of the valve cover blocked off and a vented cap installed (making
it like an earlier model). I figure the old cap must have been plugged up
because the consumption went from one quart every 250 miles to about 1500
miles with the new cap. Does this have something to do with pressure in
crankcase?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336