Car won't start...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Car won't start...
From: wisem@db.erau.edu (Mark A. Wise)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 11:03:04 -0500
Hi all...

Lately I've been having some problems getting my car (1980 B) to start.  It
cranks, but it doesn't actually start.  Usually, with a bit of coaxing,
it'll finally start up for me.  However, last Saturday it didn't.  The next
morning my dad came over with his B, we hooked my car for a jump start and
it started immediately.  So, I figured I needed a better battery (maybe a
bad cell in the old one?).  I bought one.

Now today I get the same thing -- it won't start.  I can smell gas, so I'm
assuming it's not a fuel / carb problem.  Plus, I'm in Florida and the car
doesn't seem to discriminate between our "cold" mornings or our warm
afternoons, when it's deciding whether to start for me or not.  Any
suggestions?  If I were superstitious, I'd say the car just doesn't like
driving on beautiful, Saturday mornings. -- which would indicate an
irreconcilable difference between the car and myself. :-)

Thanks...

- mark
  80 B

   Mark A. Wise                                    Tel: (+1) (904) 226-7110
   Department of Psychology                        Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
   University of Central Florida                E-mail: wisem@db.erau.edu
   Orlando, FL   USA