Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #1397 Sun Dec 6 02:05:00 MST 1998

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #1397 Sun Dec 6 02:05:00 MST 1998
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:36:03 -0800
At 02:05 AM 12/6/98 -0700, Adrian Jones wrote:

>Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 14:08:49 -0500
>From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
>Subject: Bleeding Hell

SNIP

>3.  EZ Bleed.  Good method for removing unsightly paint from engine
>compartment and driver's door sill.  Uses about 2 gallons of  the special=
>
>brake fluid only sold in a store (sometimes) 34 miles away.  Also require=
>renewing the special relationship with the spare tire - that heavy, smell=
>y,
>rusty, deflated thing found in the deep and dark recesses of the trunk
>where all the spiders live. =

I have had great success with EZBleed and also experienced the fluid all
over the place scenario -- the difference was in the air pressure in the
spare! EZBleeds work with about 5-10 psi in the spare. I tested the seal
with no fluid in the EZBleed reservoir first and found that a normal garden
hose seal provided and excellent seal for my early MGA master cylinder.

Once you have this setup, it works single handed (a big help since the last
time my wife helped me bleed the clutch, it took about 5 minutes before we
realized she was 'pumping' the accellerator pedal)

Simon
---
Simon Matthews                          MailTo:simon_matthews@avanticorp.com
'57 MGA