Re: OT MEAT was Re: (BEER) longish

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: OT MEAT was Re: (BEER) longish
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:25:15 +1000
Hiya,

>prices the Euros pay for what they pass as "steak". Anyone who argues with
>me has never been to Texas! The beer sucks, but we take our red meat

Well I dunno, the Beer ain't that bad if you pick it right. <G> I picked
quite a few last time I was there.. <VBG> Now I've been to Texas, thats
where my fiancee is from. We went to some place in Huntsville (o/s Houston)
and had this steak that was, god knows - 1 1/2 ft long?? <G> I am *not*
kidding. I just sat there and spluttered a while, so did Susan - apparently
this isn't normal. <G>  This was the *smallest* steak on the menu!! I ate a
quarter of it and we took the rest home in a 'box'. Not the thing to do in
Australia but common in Texas.. I wonder why that is?? <G> Maybe coz the
steaks are as big as the state!

Well to quote Susan 'The Beef in Australia is better than in Texas'. Yup,
blew me away too. It's certainly not as big, but it's very tasty and
consistantly good. She should know as her 'daddy' raises cattle and horses
on their ranch. I can't really say, I haven't eaten enough Texan steak but
when I lived in CA I certainly loved the beef there - especially cooked
using mesquite on a BBQ. mmm! I remember liking it better than NZ beef as
back then NZ beef was grass fed and not grain fed - makes a big difference
in taste.

I say let's call it a draw. :)) <G> Ohh.. just so we're on topic 'MG'. lol!

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia