Re: Kinzo Mig welder?

To: "Rene van Maanen" <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Kinzo Mig welder?
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@hubserv.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:21:42 -0600
There are people here that are experts, so they can give you a more precise
answer.  One of my friends gave me some welding lessons last night, using a
MIG welder.  We were welding pieces of scrap mild steel together.

As part of my lesson, he turned off the shielding gas.  I couldn't make a
bead without the gas.  I think I would go with a MIG welder should I decide
to purchase a welder.

Also, especially for novices, the only way to learn to weld is to do it.
Over and over.  At 5 times the cost, you may start to drain your wallet with
your wire purchases.

Finally, I learned that welding is not easy.  In the hands of an experienced
person, welding looks simple.  It's not.  You're fusing two pieces of metal
together.  If you are unsure of your ability, and you will be driving the
project, have a professional do it or take classes.  I don't want to be
killed because the brake bracket you welded broke.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
1995 Nissan Pathfinder