RE: Speedometer Cable Removal

To: "'Skye Poier'" <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>, MG Nuts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Speedometer Cable Removal
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:24:35 +0100
Hi Skye,

Yes the cable should normally be screwed off.
A thing which may help is to push the outert cable towards the speedo.
Perhaps the nut is a bit locked to the collar of this cable, so push it as
far as it goes.
Mine went out without problems though some 6 years ago when the dash needed
to be opened for fixing a burnt wire.

Yes it is not easy in such a crampy space.

Good luck.

Hans

'71 MGBGT still in the carpet mood