Re: 73 B - Mods - Need some help

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <jerbesfield@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: 73 B - Mods - Need some help
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:54:32 -0600
Fellow '73 owner:
>Wheels -
I personally will stick with my Rostyles and the chrome rings. The minilite
replicas would be nifty and no mods required. IMHO, anything else would just
ruin the look.
>Ignition -
You can get a Petronix (or similiar) kit that will replace the points and
condensor. Many like 'em, some don't. I get about 5000 miles out of my
points, so they're still there. Others can add to the Elec Ignition debate,
I don't know either way.
>Exhaust -
I struggled with this decision for a while. I narrowed it down to a Falcon
Stainless and the ANSA. I went with the ANSA and am pleased except for some
idiosyncracies in fit (low hanging and getting around the left side
suspension) Many folks go to a local shop and install single or dual glass
packs with success. (make sure it's good steel or stainless, or it'll rust
away quickly)
>Carbs -
Personally, I'd stick with the SUs. You shouldn't have to fiddle with them
that much once they are set. You might need to just rebuild them. Word is a
change in jets with K&N filters adds some kick.

The only "mods" I've done or am considering for my '73 B (besides the
exhaust) are a tube shock conversion at the rear and K&N air filters for the
intake (maybe for Christmas), which should complement a "free-flow" exhaust.
All the above are reversible.

Just my $.02

Dan
73 B