Torches + Booze = funny story but no MG

To: "MG List" <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Torches + Booze = funny story but no MG
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 02:58:07 -0500
No, the subject does not refer to me!

I was in the school's metalshop tonight finishing up some projects.
I was using the cutting torch when some dude runs in with a dazed
look on his face, wearing nothing but jeans - no shirt in the 40
degree NC weather!  He asks me to use the torch to light a
cigarette.  I was going to tell him no, but he was a drunk freshman
type, so I figured I'd light his damn smoke and get him out of the
shop.  Well, he comes over, grabs the cutting torch from me, and
before I can say a word aims the torch the general direction of his
face and hits the O2 pedal.  In about half a second, half of his
hair is gone and he's running across campus screaming bloody murder.

I didn't catch up to him for a few minutes because I was laughing so
hard.  He only burned up half his hair, and it looks like he's got a
sunburned spot on his forehead.  It's not noticeable unless you
realize he has no eyebrows.  He probably wouldn't have even had a
bad burn had he let me apply the contents of the burn kit right
away...Instead of rubbing his face on the dew-covered grass!

MG content: I was cutting metal for an MG Octagon wall hanging at
the time.

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/