Charging only 'starts' at very high revs.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Charging only 'starts' at very high revs.
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:43:41 -0800
I just replaced the battery in my MGA (took all afternoon -- don't ask, but
'A' owners may understand the problem when told that I have a single group
24 battery). A couple of days later, I notice that I have to spin the
engine up to about 5000 rpm to 'start' the generator. Once started, the
generator seems to continue working with no problems, right down to slow
idle speeds.

Any ideas? I have not done any investigation yet, I am just going on the
behaviour of the 'ignition' light (on, until I rev up to 5000 rpm, then off
for the rest of the drive).

Simon
---
Simon Matthews                          MailTo:simon_matthews@avanticorp.com