Re: '77 Midget update

To: ame@synaptics.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '77 Midget update
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:08:06 EST
>"Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com> writes:

>PS Without start up another ugly debate, I hope you are using Castrol LMA
>brake fluid...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yes I am going to use Castrol.  I started THAT neverending thread a few months
ago.  Synthetic (DOT 5), DOT 5.1 (high temp DOT 4), DOT 4, or Castrol LMA
(also DOT 4), are all good brake fluids.  If you replace the ENTIRE brake
system, you can successfully use whichever one you want.  Don't mix fluids.
No synthetic in older cars with in-line brake light switches.  No synthetic in
ABS equipped cars (MGF?).  Yadda, yadda, yadda!

All this is in my humble opinion.  It is my 2 cents worth.  Your mileage may
vary.  I have no financial interest.  Work on your brakes at your own risk.
If not capable, hire a professional mechanic.  Batteries not included.  Close
cover before striking.  Do not use in the shower.  Do not eat.  Smoking is
harmful to pregnant women.  Do not operate machinery while taking.  No user
serviceable parts inside.  Loving you has made me bananas.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi expo LRV Sport