Brake Lines was Re: B Still moping in the Driveway

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <john.griffen@savannah.chatham.k12.ga.us>
Subject: Brake Lines was Re: B Still moping in the Driveway
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 20:06:55 -0600
John,
I can tell you this...removing isn't the problem, it's reinstalling them.
A good hint is to use a piece of stiff wire as a 'template' for bending the
new line. If you don't follow this advice, you'll spend a lot of time and
still not have a good looking or fitting brake line.
Test the fit of the new line fitting to the junction, or it may strip. (Got
that T-shirt) You might even just remove the T-junction/union thing and
clean it so you can test the threads off of the vehicle. You have to bleed
it anyway. While you're at it...clean and degrease and derust/paint the axle
and diff.
Otherwise, it's pretty straightforward R/R.

Dan
73 B
->William or anyone: