Re: Broken Exhaust Manifolds on MGBs

To: steveb5815@edgenet.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Broken Exhaust Manifolds on MGBs
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 20:40:50 EST
In a message dated 12/14/98 3:12:48 PM Central Standard Time,
steveb5815@edgenet.net writes:

<< there is a bracket that attaches under the
 bellhousng to the exhaust pipe. This bracket is supposed to reduce the
 strain on the manifold to prevent cracking. My '79 had the bracket missing.
 Fortunately the catalytic converter neck cracked and not the manifold. I
 now have the bracket (home made) installed. If your bracket is missing it
 could be the reason for the second manifold cracking. >>

Steve:

Strangely enough, Lawrie and I JUST (within the hour)
made just such observations as MOST of the Listers
a] have a better idea;
b] know better;
c] er, think they know better? and expouse same;
d] er, absolutly(!) know better.

Cheers...(and PLEASE keep up the good work)...

          Ed

PS:  The rest of the system still has to be hung correctly.