TVR

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TVR
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:14:52 EST
<<The TVR sounds interesting, but looks like quite a project, don't you think?
I mean, I see things like "dismantled for restoration" and shudder.  Sounds
like a jigsaw puzzle to me.  And how to ship this thing, a big box?  Looks
like the body is off, as well.  And the engine is seized.  Is there any
good news?>>

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention - the early TVRs have the glass body bonded to
the chassis, at least until they rot the frame. This one has obviously been
cut off the frame for repairs.
I did my race car properly, and didn't stop itching for 2 weeks (it is now
bolted on rather than rebonded). My friend that also races a Mk 3 is afraid of
what he might find if he takes the body off, so he hasn't looked!

Bill S.