Re: Door Adjustments

To: Steven Tritle <stritle@epix.net>
Subject: Re: Door Adjustments
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 07:25:00 -0500
My TD doors are level but did not like to close all the way to the second notch.
The wood where the latch attaches to the car was not giving me the support I
needed so I cut a piece of steel and bolted it to the wood and the inside door
latch to the steel.  This is all hidden by the kick panel and now the door snaps
shut good and tight.  I also added a barrel bolt to the bottom of the door as an
extra safety precaution in case the door ever decided to fly open again.  Before
the steel addition it did fly open and catch on an evergreen bush and this was
not
good for the door or the bush.
THANKS!
Mike R