18G* and 18V

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 18G* and 18V
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:48:33 +1000
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a 18V motor to put in the GT for racing only. I think
I read on a site somewhere that there is something different about these
engines - installation wise - or is it purely post 74 rubber bumper 18V's
that are different and not the 71-74 18V's? I can't remember what it was,
engine mounts??

What I'm trying to say is there anything at all I'd need to do if I went for
a 71-74 18V or is it just a straight swap? I'm talking about physical
installation issues not internal motor differences - ie head, valves,
pushrods, followers, rods, crank etc most of which I'm aware of.

Cheers & TIA,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia