Re: 18G* and 18V

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 18G* and 18V
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 05:50:43 -0600
Neil,
   The motor mounts are the same, they didn't change until the rubber bumper
mods. when the engine compartment, firewall and transmission tunnel were
changed along with the radiator surround etc.  The cylinder head changed
though, going to a little bit larger intake valve, and the size and shape of
the combustion chamber changed ( I think size, know shape...).
   You might want to get a book called "How to power tune MGB 4 cylinder
engines" by Peter Burgess.  I has a lot of info. ( and opinions) that may be
useful.
Harlan.
ps.  my motor runs fine on 92 octane with 15 degrees of advance at 600 RPM,
but pings under load if I go back to 89 octane or lower.
H.