Fuel Starvation

To: "'mgs'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel Starvation
From: "HUTCHINS, JOE" <JHUTCHIN@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 16:12:00 -0800 (PST)
Hi Listers,
I'm having a problem with my 67 BGT not getting any fuel and I think I have
narrowed it down to a blockage in the fuel leaving the gas tank.   I have
removed the fuel pump and cleaned the contacts  and it is clicking away when
the fuel line is removed from the tank.  When the fuel line is reattached to
the tank it clicks a few times and quits.  The problem is there is no gas
being pumped out of the fuel pump when it is connected to the gas tank.
 When it is disconnected from the tank it pumps out what little fuel I
attempted to prime the pump with.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to attempt to alleviate the
blockage.  The tank had gas in it.  I just drained it and there was about 5
gallons in it. There did not seem to be any noticable sediment in the gas I
drained.   With the tank empty one would expect the pump to click like crazy
but it only clicks a few times when attached to the gas tank.  I attempted
to use  compressed air to blow back through the tank valve but that didn't
help.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe