re: HC vs LC

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: HC vs LC
From: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:09:07 -0800
Gregg,

>  Whats the difference between HC pistons and LC pistons in the cc's added or

HC pistons have a dish of 6.5cc
LC pistons have a dish of 12.8cc

>as cheap as good ones and if one goes with custom ones can you request the dome
>measurements within reason?  What is the difference between the combustion

Well if you go to flat top pistons that will raise your GCR
significantly, to about 9.7.1 without making any other changes. I think
you'd be pushing using normal octane fuel if you don't change cams..

>cc's of a HC vs a LC engine considering the piston types? (That may be the same

That is the same question. Combustion chamber size is the same (roughly
42.5 - 43.5cc) it's only
the dish that's different.

>How much can one shave the head before valve geometry is badly disturbed?

I think you are supposed to machine the ends of the pushrods to counter
any minor adjustments due to small decreases in head size but someone
else on the list will know better.. Larry/Barney?

Cheers,
Neil.