Steering Wheel choice

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering Wheel choice
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 00:44:49 +0000
I currently have the very original truck-like large steering wheel in my
'68 MGB but although it *is* very original I am thinking of buying the
beast a Xmas present of a new, smaller, sports-type wheel.

The pretty, polished wood wheels look great - but as there is no other
wood (walnut or otherwise) in my car I have a feeling that it might look
a bit out of place.  The alternative choice is for black leather which
would certainly match my black trim.

I am also leaning toward the black leather (and maybe even black spokes
rather than chrome) because I feel that sweaty palms in our heatwave
conditions here might find the polished wood a little slippery - has
anyone any comment on this?

Finally, all the wheels I see advertsised (generic/popular brands) have
a dramatically different mounting bush to the single "nut behind the
wheel/hub" that I believe my car has.  Do I have to hunt down a wheel
that fits similarly or are there mountin/conversion "kits" that do the
job?

Eric
'68 MGB MkII