Denise aka List Goddess <G>

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Denise aka List Goddess <G>
From: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:34:27 -0800
Ok Denise,

I have to admit it but you are definitely the List Goddess for today!
<G>

I want to share a trick Denise told me about today. As you know I've
been trying to remove the crankshaft bolt from my 70 BGT. Denise
suggested I a) Work out which way the engine rotated (clockwise) b) Put
my socket/breaker bar/pipe combination against the inner fender (I
wrapped the pipe with thick cloth as not to scratch my baby!!) and turn
the car over on it's starter..

OK I was sceptical. <G> So I tried it as it seemed easy and I like it
easy. <VBG> I decided I'd give the car just a *blip* on the starter -
nothing extreme, in case I damaged something... Unbelievable, one blip.
The bolt was loose!!!

THANK YOU DENISE!! I really recommend using this approach! Seems a lot
less dangerous (for the inexperienced like me!) than wedging the wood
between the block and crank with the motor out of the car - which is
what I was going to do. There appeared to be absolutely no stress on the
car at all. I really mean - one blip - a second if that and the bolt was
loose..!

Easy when you know how eh? <G> That's certainly one for the little black
book. <G>

Cheers,
Neil.