Re: Denise aka List Goddess <G>

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Denise aka List Goddess <G>
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:24:29 +0000
Aw shucks, now I'm blushing.

Neil, you must have missed all of the other posts recommending exactly the same
trick but including important safety precautions that I didn't think to mention.
:-}

Now that you think I'm a goddess, you won't feel so bad that I can't answer your
questions about hotting up your engine.  Sorry, that's not my area of
expertise.  However, there are plenty of people on this list who do all kinds of
horrible things to MGB engines so you might want to ask them.

To redeem myself slightly, I'll tell you that you don't have to buy another
engine to save the original engine to your car.  The only identifying mark on a
B engine is the engine number tag and it's removable.  When you decide to show
your car, get an unmutilated engine and put the original tag on it.  If you
grind or file a slot in the head of the rivets holding on the tag, you can
unscrew the rivets in about half a turn.  Installation is the reverse procedure,
or whatever the official shop manual slogan is.

I hope everyone celebrated an appropriate winter solstice ritual yesterday.  I
sacrificed some beer.

Happy holidays everyone!
Denise Thorpe